KEITH RICHARDS SHEPHARDS PIE
3 lbs. Potaotes, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon Butter
Slat & Pepper to taste
2 large onions, peeld and chopped
2 lbs. Ground Beef
2 large Carrots peeld and diced fine
1 12 ounce can beef stock and 12 ounce water
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1. Put potatoes in a pot of water, bring to boil, then lower to a steady simmer and cook until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes when done cooking.
2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher. And butter, salt, & pepper and mix with wooden spoon.
3. Cook carrots in boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain in strainer or colander.
4. Add beef to a large skillet with 4 tablespoons oil. Add oniesn, cook 3 minutes. Turn heat to high
and start cooking while mixing with a wooden spoon. After 2 minutes turn heat down to medium flame. Cook beef until the beef has lost all its raw color.
5. Add carrots, beef stock, water, and cornstarch and stir. Bring liquids up to the simmer and cook for 10 minutes while stirring.
6. Pour Beef Mixture into a glass or ceramic casserole or pie dish. Top with mashed potatoes, adding a few dollops of butter over top of potatoes.
7. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minuts. Ket cool slight for 5 minutes before serving, then do as Keef does and Enjoy !!!